Chicago State dropped a close one to Texas-Pan American 68-65 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. Nate Duhon put up a team-high 14 points plus six rebounds in a losing effort. Quinton Pippen got 12 points and added eight rebounds. For the Broncs, Jesus Delgado finished with 15 points and five rebounds. Next up for Chicago State (7-16, 2-2 Great West) is New Jersey Tech (11-11, 3-1 Great West) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Chicago State Game Notes
- Chicago State started 7-16 during the 2004 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Chicago State has lost 25 close games.
- Chicago State has lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after recording 9 or fewer steals.
- The Cougars have lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after having a three-point percentage of 30.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 3 or more blocks this season, Chicago State has lost 86% of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Chicago State has lost 82% of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.2% or better this season, Chicago State has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- ChiSt set a season low for free throws made.
- The top two scorers (Nate Duhon and Matt Ross) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Quinton Pippen and Matt Ross) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Quinton Pippen has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jamere Dismukes.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Provost and Jesus Delgado) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Brandon Provost has led the team in scoring 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Shaquille Hines has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Brandon Provost has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesus Delgado has 3 straight double-digit point games.