Green Bay 73
(12-11, 3-9 away)
Loyola (IL) 65
(13-9, 7-5 home)
Venue: Joseph J. Gentile Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Brown 25
||J Fouse 13
||J Fouse 4
||B Averkamp 17
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 8
Green Bay squared off with Loyola (Chicago) on Saturday, February 2nd and got a road victory against the Ramblers 73-65 in conference play. With the win, the Phoenix stay unbeaten against Loyola (Chicago) this season at 2-0. Jordan Fouse had a big game for the Phoenix and put up eight points plus 13 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Alec Brown had a career-high 25 points and added four rebounds. For the Ramblers, Jordan Hicks got 15 points and five assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Green Bay (12-11, 6-4 Horizon) gets Wright State (14-7, 5-4 Horizon) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
Green Bay Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:04 left to go.
- Green Bay started 12-11 during the 2010, 2006, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- GB beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Phoenix have beaten the spread.
- The Phoenix have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 16 or more assists.
- GB has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Green Bay has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Alec Brown plays 34 minutes or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Jordan Fouse has 4 assists or more.
- Alec Brown recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10.
- Alec Brown accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- Jordan Fouse accounted for 40.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Alec Brown has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- Jordan Fouse has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Jordan Fouse recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Alec Brown's career.
- Alec Brown had career highs with 25 points and 10 field goals made.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ben Averkamp and Christian Thomas) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ben Averkamp and Christian Thomas) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Ben Averkamp has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Ben Averkamp has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas has 7 straight double-digit point games.