Cleveland State 77
(11-12, 2-10 away)
(14-9, 10-2 home)
Venue: UIC Pavilion
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||M Mason 22
||B Forbes 8
||C Lee 10
||G Talton 16
||D Barnes 6
||H Humes 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, UIC lost on their home court to Cleveland State 77-66 in conference play. The Flames stay winless against Cleveland State this season at 0-2. The Flames were led by Hayden Humes, who put up 12 points and five assists. Daniel Barnes had 14 points and added six rebounds. For the Vikings, Marlin Mason got a career-high 22 points and six rebounds. UIC (14-9, 5-5 Horizon) gets Valparaiso (17-6, 7-2 Horizon) on the road on Tuesday, February 5th.
UIC Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:06 left to go.
- The Flames have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9% or better this season, UIC has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, UIC has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, UIC has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Flames set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time UIC recorded at least 25 free throws made was Dec 31, 2009 against Detroit.
- UIC set a season low for rebounds.
- The Flames have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- UIC has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UIC has a 8.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Gary Talton and Daniel Barnes) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Barnes and Josh Crittle) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Gary Talton has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Daniel Barnes has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Gary Talton has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Crittle has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marlin Mason and Junior Lomomba) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- Marlin Mason has led the team in scoring 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Bryn Forbes has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Charlie Lee's career.
- Charlie Lee recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Charlie Lee set a career high with 10 assists.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Marlin Mason's career.