(14-8, 2-6 away)
(12-8, 10-2 home)
Venue: Don Haskins Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Callahan 9
||K Timmons 7
||K Timmons 4
||M Moore 14
||M Moore 6
||J Streeter 9
Texas-El Paso defeated Tulane 62-50 in C-USA action on Saturday, February 2nd. The game was never close, with Texas-El Paso leading 34-19 at the half. With the win, the Miners go to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. McKenzie Moore put on a show for the Miners and put up a game-high 14 points and six rebounds. Jacques Streeter also had a good outing, scoring four points and adding nine assists. For the Green Wave, Kendall Timmons got six points and seven rebounds. Next up for Texas-El Paso (12-8, 5-2 C-USA) is Rice (5-15, 1-6 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 6th on their home court.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:26 left to go.
- Texas-El Paso started 12-8 during the 2008, 2006, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- UTEP beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Texas-El Paso has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.9% or better.
- UTEP has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.4% field goal percentage.
- UTEP has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 19 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Konner Tucker has 11 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Julian Washburn has 6 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when McKenzie Moore has 6 rebounds or more.
- UTEP set a season low for turnovers.
- The Miners have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UTEP has a 11.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (McKenzie Moore and Julian Washburn) accounted for 41.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (McKenzie Moore and Cedrick Lang) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Julian Washburn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- McKenzie Moore has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Tulane Game Notes
- Tulane lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Timmons and Trevante Drye) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (26) than the starters (24).
- Jordan Callahan has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.