Mississippi Valley State 64
(3-17, 1-13 away)
Alabama A&M 65
(8-13, 7-3 home)
Venue: Elmore Gym
6:40PM ET / 3:40PM PT, February 02, 2013
|Mississippi Valley State
|Mississippi Valley State
||D Usher 18
||E Thomas 7
||D Marshall 4
||D Tabb 16
||D Tabb 11
||J Crutcher 7
Mississippi Valley State faced off with Alabama A&M on Saturday, February 2nd and suffered a close loss to the Bulldogs 65-64 in conference play. The Delta Devils tie the season series against Alabama A&M at 1-1 with the loss. Davon Usher got a game-high 18 points plus four rebounds for the Delta Devils. Ervin Thomas had seven points and added seven rebounds. Demarquelle Tabb recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs on a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Next up for Mississippi Valley State (3-17, 3-7 SWAC) is Alabama State (6-17, 4-6 SWAC) on Monday, February 4th on the road.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- The last time MVSU started the season 3-17 was 2008.
- The Delta Devils have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi Valley State has lost 29 close games.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-11) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- Mississippi Valley State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Delta Devils opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Davon Usher and Matt Smith) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- Davon Usher has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 20 games this season.
- Davon Usher has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Matt Smith.
Alabama A&M Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Demarquelle Tabb and Brandon Ellis) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Demarquelle Tabb and Nicholas West) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (14).
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (30).
- Demarquelle Tabb has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demarquelle Tabb has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Demarquelle Tabb recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 18th of his career.