Prairie View A&M shot just 25% from the field and was destroyed by Texas Southern 84-48 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Panthers are now 0-2 against Texas Southern this season. The Panthers got a team-high 13 points and seven rebounds from Demondre Chapman. Carl Blair Jr had 10 points and added eight rebounds. Omar Strong got a game-high 33 points for the Tigers, making 9 of 13 from three-point range. The Panthers are on a five-game losing streak. Prairie View A&M (9-13, 4-5 SWAC) gets Grambling State (0-19, 0-10 SWAC) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:34 left to go.
- Prairie View A&M has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 84 or more total points this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- PVAMU set season lows for blocks, field goal percentage, and three-pointers.
- The Panthers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Prairie View A&M has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Demondre Chapman and Carl Blair Jr) accounted for 47.9% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (15).
- Carl Blair Jr has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 23 games this season.
Texas Southern Game Notes
- Madarious Gibbs recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- Fred Sturdivant tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 12.
- Omar Strong accounted for 39.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Sturdivant and Aaron Clayborn) accounted for 55.8% of the rebounds.
- Omar Strong has led the team in scoring 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Fred Sturdivant has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Omar Strong's career.
- Omar Strong has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Omar Strong set a career high with 9 three-pointers.
- Fred Sturdivant recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Fred Sturdivant has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Fred Sturdivant recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 9th of his career.
- This game was the 4th double-digit assist game of Ray Penn's career.