Grambling State 31
(0-19, 0-14 away)
Southern University 59
(15-7, 9-0 home)
Venue: F.G. Clark Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Rose 7
||D Wheeler 9
||D Copeland 2
||M Miller 17
||B Moore 11
||J Grace 10
On Saturday, February 2nd, Southern University took on Grambling State and waxed the Tigers 59-31 in SWAC action. With the win, the Jaguars stay unbeaten against Grambling State this season at 2-0. Jameel Grace picked up a double-double in the Jaguars win including 10 points and 10 assists. Macolm Miller had a game-high 17 points and added nine rebounds. For the Tigers, Brandon Dorsett got four points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, February 4th when Southern University (15-7, 9-1 SWAC) hosts Jackson State (5-14, 4-6 SWAC).
Southern University Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:40 left to go.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Southern University has been on the winning end of 11 blowout games.
- The Jaguars have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 14 or more assists.
- Southern University has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- Southern University has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Southern University has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Macolm Miller has 17 points or more, 100% of the time (7-0) when Brandon Moore plays 31 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Javan Mitchell has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Jaguars set season highs for blocks and rebounds.
- Our 7 blocks is the 6th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Southern University recorded at least 54 rebounds was Feb 28, 2009 against Alcorn State.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Southern University has a 26.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jameel Grace recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Macolm Miller and Derick Beltran) accounted for 45.7% of the points.
- Macolm Miller has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Brandon Moore has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Derick Beltran has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Moore recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This game was the 4th double-digit assist game of Jameel Grace's career.
- Jameel Grace recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Jameel Grace had career highs with 7 defensive rebounds and 10 assists.
- Macolm Miller has 20 straight double-digit point games.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This was the 14th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GSU has been on the losing end of 57 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 19 games.
- Terry Rose has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Demetri Wheeler has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.