(9-13, 4-11 away)
Alabama State 77
(6-17, 5-4 home)
Venue: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||L Jackson 20
||D Broughton 6
||T Hammond 8
||J Freelove 29
||P Crawford 9
||D McDaniel 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Arkansas-Pine Bluff got a road victory against Alabama State 81-77 in conference play. The Golden Lions now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Golden Lions got a team-high 20 points (5 Reb 3 Ast 3 Stl) from Lazabian Jackson, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Daniel Broughton also had a great game, scoring 12 points and adding six rebounds. Josh Freelove finished with a career-high 29 points for the Hornets, making 6 of 9 from three-point range. This makes three wins in a row for the Golden Lions. Next up for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (9-13, 8-2 SWAC) is Alabama A&M (8-13, 4-6 SWAC) on Monday, February 4th on the road.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- The last time UAPB started the season 9-13 was 2005.
- The Golden Lions have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has won 25 close games.
- This season Arkansas-Pine Bluff has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Daniel Broughton has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Terrell Kennedy has 6 free throws made or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Lazabian Jackson has 3 steals or more.
- The Golden Lions set season highs for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- Our 22 assists is the 7th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time UAPB recorded at least 22 assists was Jan 24, 2011 against Prairie View A&M.
- Lazabian Jackson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Tevin Hammond tallied a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Lazabian Jackson and DaVon Haynes) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- Lazabian Jackson has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Daniel Broughton has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Lazabian Jackson's career.
- Lazabian Jackson had a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- Terrell Kennedy has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Kennedy had a career high with 5 assists.
- DaVon Haynes has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for DaVon Haynes.
Alabama State Game Notes
- The Hornets have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama State has lost 28 close games.
- This loss extended the Hornets losing streak to 3 games.
- Josh Freelove recorded a team season high in points with 29, three-pointers with 6, and three pointers attempted with 9.
- Josh Freelove accounted for 37.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Phillip Crawford and Bobby Brown) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Josh Freelove has led the team in scoring 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Phillip Crawford has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Josh Freelove's career.
- Josh Freelove has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Freelove set career highs with 29 points, 11 field goals made, and 6 three-pointers.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Denaell McDaniel.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Phillip Crawford's career.