On Saturday, February 2nd, Louisiana was destroyed by Troy 71-52 in conference play. The Ragin Cajuns were led by Alan-Michael Thompson, who put up 11 points and five rebounds. Shawn Long had eight points and added 11 rebounds. For the Trojans, Tevin Calhoun finished with a team-high 15 points on 63% shooting. Louisiana (8-16, 4-9 Sun Belt) welcomes Louisiana-Monroe (3-15, 2-10 Sun Belt) on Sunday, February 10th.
Louisiana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:51 left to go.
- The last time ULL started the season 8-16 was 2008.
- The Ragin Cajuns have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7% or worse.
- Louisiana has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 7 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Louisiana has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 9 or fewer turnovers this season, Louisiana has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Louisiana has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- ULL set season lows for free throws made and steals.
- Bryant Mbamalu accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Shawn Long accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryant Mbamalu has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 24 games this season.
- Shawn Long has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 24 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shawn Long has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 6 straight games.
- Alan-Michael Thompson had a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.
Troy Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Antoine Myers and Ray Chambers) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (34).
- Tevin Calhoun has led the team in scoring 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Ray Chambers set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.