Troy punished Louisiana 71-52 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Trojans got the win with a team-high 15 points from Tevin Calhoun on 63% shooting in 18 minutes. Westley Hinton had nine points and added five rebounds. For the Ragin Cajuns, Alan-Michael Thompson got 11 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Troy (10-13, 5-7 Sun Belt) heads to South Alabama (12-9, 9-4 Sun Belt).
Troy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:51 left to go.
- The last time Troy started the season 10-13 was 2007.
- Troy beat the spread by 19.0 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Trojans have beaten the spread.
- Troy has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- Troy has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7% field goal percentage.
- The Trojans set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time Troy had a three-point percentage of 50.0% or higher was Feb 25, 2012 against Florida Atlantic.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Troy has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Antoine Myers and Ray Chambers) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (34).
- Tevin Calhoun has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Ray Chambers had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Louisiana Game Notes
- Louisiana lost and did not cover the spread.
- Bryant Mbamalu accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- Shawn Long accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryant Mbamalu has led the team in scoring 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Shawn Long has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 24 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shawn Long has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 6 straight games.
- Alan-Michael Thompson set a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.