On Saturday, February 2nd, Florida Atlantic took on Middle Tennessee State and lost big against the Blue Raiders 73-56 in conference play. The Owls stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. The Owls got a game-high 17 points and four rebounds from Stefan Moody. Jackson Trapp had nine points and added four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). For the Blue Raiders, Kerry Hammonds II got 12 points and six rebounds. Florida Atlantic (11-13, 6-7 Sun Belt) takes on Florida International (12-10, 7-6 Sun Belt) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:20 left to go.
- The last time FAU started the season 11-13 was 2006.
- Florida Atlantic has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Owls have lost 75% of the time this season (3-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Florida Atlantic has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--FAU has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stefan Moody accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- Stefan Moody has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- Richard Morrow has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 24 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Pablo Bertone.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Marcos Knight and Kerry Hammonds II) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Raymond Cintron has led the team in scoring 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Marcos Knight has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- Marcos Knight has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Raymond Cintron set a career high with 6 field goals made.