(3-15, 1-10 away)
FL Internationial 76
(12-10, 7-3 home)
Venue: U.S. Century Bank Arena
7:55PM ET / 4:55PM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Olatayo 30
||J James 9
||J James 15
||M Smith 17
||J Frink 6
||M Smith 3
Florida International nipped Louisiana-Monroe 76-73 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Golden Panthers got the win with 13 points and six rebounds from Jerome Frink. Malik Smith had a team-high 17 points and added three assists. Jayon James registered a double-double for the Warhawks with 11 points and 15 assists. Next up for Florida International (12-10, 7-6 Sun Belt) is Florida Atlantic (11-13, 6-7 Sun Belt) on Thursday, February 7th at home.
Florida International Game Notes
- The Golden Panthers have won 7 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida International has won 28 close games.
- The Golden Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Florida International has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.2% or better.
- This season Florida International has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Malik Smith has 17 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Marco Porcher Jimenez has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Golden Panthers set a season high for steals.
- Our 18 steals is the 2nd best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time FIU recorded at least 18 steals was Nov 29, 2003 against North Florida.
- FIU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Golden Panthers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Florida International has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--FIU has a 3.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Malik Smith and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jerome Frink and Marco Porcher Jimenez) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Jerome Frink has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- Malik Smith has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Marco Porcher Jimenez has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- The Warhawks have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 32 close games.
- This loss extended the Warhawks losing streak to 7 games.
- Amos Olatayo recorded a team season high in points with 30.
- Jayon James tallied a team season high in assists with 15.
- Amos Olatayo accounted for 41.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayon James and Amos Olatayo) accounted for 54.8% of the rebounds.
- Amos Olatayo has led the team in scoring 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Jayon James has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- This game was the 1st double-digit assist game of Jayon James's career.
- Jayon James recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Trent Mackey's career.
- Trent Mackey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Amos Olatayo's career.
- Amos Olatayo has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Millaun Brown.
|B||M. Porcher Jimenez||23||10||4||1||1||0||1|