North Texas 66
(8-16, 2-9 away)
Arkansas State 75
(14-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (AR)
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Williams 18
||R Franklin 10
||P Hardwick 3
||C Golden 18
||B Peterson 14
||T Finn 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, Arkansas State took on North Texas and came out on top against the Mean Green 75-66 in overtime. Trey Finn had an impressive game for the Red Wolves and put up 14 points and six rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast). Edward Townsel also had a strong showing, scoring 15 points and adding five rebounds. For the Mean Green, Jordan Williams finished with a game-high 18 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Arkansas State (14-8, 8-5 Sun Belt) goes to Middle Tennessee State (20-4, 12-1 Sun Belt).
Arkansas State Game Notes
- Arkansas State started 14-8 during the 2003 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over North Texas extended the Arkansas State winning streak to 3 games.
- Arkansas State has played in 5 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Red Wolves have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 6-8.
- The Red Wolves have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arkansas State has won 23 close games.
- The Red Wolves have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- A-State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.5% field goal percentage.
- A-State has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- This season Arkansas State has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Trey Finn has 14 points or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Edward Townsel has 5 rebounds or more.
- A-State set season lows for field goal percentage and turnovers.
- The Red Wolves have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Red Wolves came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--A-State has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Golden and Edward Townsel) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 22 games this season.
- Trey Finn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Peterson recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Rakeem Dickerson.
North Texas Game Notes
- The Mean Green have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Texas has lost 28 close games.
- This loss extended the Mean Green losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Williams and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Roger Franklin and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 45.2% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Williams has led the team in scoring 8 times in 24 games this season.
- Roger Franklin has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 24 games this season.
- Jordan Williams has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Williams set a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Roger Franklin recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Roger Franklin.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for P.J. Hardwick.