North Texas 66
(8-16, 2-9 away)
Arkansas State 75
(14-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (AR)
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Williams 18
||R Franklin 10
||P Hardwick 3
||C Golden 18
||B Peterson 14
||T Finn 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, North Texas took on Arkansas State and fell to the Red Wolves 75-66 in overtime. Jordan Williams put up a game-high 18 points plus eight rebounds in a losing effort. Tony Mitchell had 14 points and added nine rebounds. Trey Finn got 14 points and six rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast) for the Red Wolves. North Texas (8-16, 3-10 Sun Belt) welcomes Western Kentucky (12-11, 6-6 Sun Belt) on Thursday, February 7th.
North Texas Game Notes
- UNT beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Mean Green have beaten the spread.
- North Texas has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Mean Green have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 8-6.
- The Mean Green have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Texas has lost 28 close games.
- North Texas has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- The Mean Green have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5% or worse.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, North Texas has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 11 or more assists this season, North Texas has lost 94% of the time (1-15).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, North Texas has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- The Mean Green set a season high for three-pointers.
- North Texas has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Mean Green opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Williams and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Roger Franklin and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 45.2% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Williams has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 24 games this season.
- Roger Franklin has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 24 games this season.
- Jordan Williams has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Williams had a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Roger Franklin recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Roger Franklin.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for P.J. Hardwick.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- Arkansas State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Red Wolves won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas State has lost 33 close games.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Golden and Edward Townsel) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- Trey Finn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Peterson recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Rakeem Dickerson.