Robert Morris 60
(15-8, 8-6 away)
Long Island 57
(11-11, 7-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Anderson 13
||L Jones 9
||C Williams 4
||J Brickman 19
||J Olasewere 12
||J Brickman 4
Long Island allowed 30 points from three-point territory to Robert Morris and let one slip to the Colonials 60-57 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Blackbirds got a double-double out of Jamal Olasewere with 18 points and 12 rebounds. Jason Brickman had a game-high 19 points and added four assists. Lucky Jones got 11 points and nine rebounds for the Colonials. Long Island (11-11, 6-4 NEC) takes on Central Connecticut State (10-11, 6-4 NEC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Long Island Game Notes
- The last time LIU started the season 11-11 was 2008.
- The Blackbirds have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Long Island has lost 21 close games.
- The Blackbirds have lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 43.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 34 or more rebounds this season, Long Island has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7% or better this season, Long Island has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- LIU set season lows for assists and total points.
- The Blackbirds have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--LIU has a 8.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jason Brickman accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 34.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 22 games this season.
- Jason Brickman had a career high with 19 points.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 26th of his career.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- The Colonials won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Robert Morris has lost 20 close games.
- The top two scorers (Karvel Anderson and Russell Johnson) accounted for 41.6% of the points.
- Karvel Anderson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Lucky Jones set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Karvel Anderson has 4 straight double-digit point games.