Utah State 68
(16-5, 6-2 away)
(7-14, 5-9 home)
Venue: Key Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Shaw 16
||S Butterfield 11
||T Roland 4
||C Rasmussen 10
||T Diop 6
||P Obasi 4
On Saturday, February 2nd, Utah State took on Seattle and trounced the Redhawks 68-46 in WAC play. The Aggies remain unbeaten against Seattle this season at 2-0. The Aggies got a double-double out of Spencer Butterfield with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Marcel Davis had 11 points and added three rebounds. For the Redhawks, Tidjane Diop finished with four points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, February 8th when Utah State (16-5, 7-4 WAC) travels to San Jose State (9-13, 3-8 WAC).
Utah State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:45 left to go.
- Utah State started 16-5 during the 2005, 2004, 2002, 1999, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- USU beat the spread by 23.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USU has been on the winning end of 39 blowout games.
- The Aggies have won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Utah State has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when its three-point percentage has been 41.2% or better.
- USU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 0 or fewer blocks.
- This season Utah State has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Marcel Davis has 11 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Spencer Butterfield has 4 field goals made or more, and 81% of the time (13-3) when Jarred Shaw has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Utah State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Jarred Shaw and Spencer Butterfield) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Spencer Butterfield and Ben Clifford) accounted for 47.7% of the rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Ben Clifford recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Spencer Butterfield has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
- Jarred Shaw has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Seattle Game Notes
- Seattle lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SU has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- The top two rebounders (Tidjane Diop and Luiz Bidart) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (9).
- The bench recorded more points (24) than the starters (22).
- Chad Rasmussen has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.