San Jose State 63
(9-13, 4-8 away)
(9-12, 5-6 home)
Venue: Cowan Spectrum
10:05PM ET / 7:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
|San Jose State
|San Jose State
||D Brown 18
||C Cunningham 18
||D Brown 5
||C Hill 19
||K Barone 12
||K Barone 3
San Jose State faced off with Idaho on Saturday, February 2nd and lost a close one to the Vandals 66-63 in conference play. With the loss, the Spartans remain winless against Idaho this season at 0-2. The Spartans got a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds from D.J. Brown. Chris Cunningham had five points and added 18 rebounds. Kyle Barone recorded a double-double for the Vandals on 15 points and 12 rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, February 8th when San Jose State (9-13, 3-8 WAC) welcomes Utah State (16-5, 7-4 WAC).
San Jose State Game Notes
- SJSU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Spartans have beaten the spread.
- The Spartans have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Jose State has lost 30 close games.
- San Jose State has lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans have lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 31.9% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 39.1% or better this season, San Jose State has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Spartans set a season high for three-pointers.
- The last time SJSU recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Jan 14, 2012 against Fresno State.
- SJSU set a season low for turnovers.
- San Jose State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (D.J. Brown and Louis Garrett) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Chris Cunningham accounted for 38.2% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (25).
- D.J. Brown has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for Chris Cunningham.
Idaho Game Notes
- Idaho won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Vandals won this one, but have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Idaho has lost 27 close games.
- The top two scorers (Connor Hill and Kyle Barone) accounted for 51.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Barone and Wendell Faines) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Connor Hill has led the team in scoring 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 21 games this season.
- Kyle Barone recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kyle Barone has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 21st of his career.
- Connor Hill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B-||R. Harris Jr.||14||5||3||1||0||0||1|