Idaho just barely beat San Jose State 66-63 in WAC play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Vandals stay undefeated against San Jose State this season at 2-0. Kyle Barone got 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Vandals, earning a double-double. Wendell Faines had two points and added nine rebounds. D.J. Brown got a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Spartans. Idaho (9-12, 5-6 WAC) takes on New Mexico State (15-8, 9-2 WAC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Idaho Game Notes
- Idaho started 9-12 during the 2003 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Vandals have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Idaho has won 27 close games.
- Idaho has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 39.1% or better.
- Idaho has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Idaho has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Kyle Barone has 12 rebounds or more.
- The Vandals set a season high for blocks.
- Our 10 blocks is the 4th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Idaho recorded at least 10 blocks was Feb 09, 2012 against New Mexico State.
- Idaho set season lows for field goal percentage and steals.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Idaho has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Connor Hill and Kyle Barone) accounted for 51.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Barone and Wendell Faines) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Connor Hill has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- Kyle Barone recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kyle Barone has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 21st of his career.
- Connor Hill has 3 straight double-digit point games.
San Jose State Game Notes
- The Spartans have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Jose State has lost 30 close games.
- This loss extended the Spartans losing streak to 7 games.
- The top two scorers (D.J. Brown and Louis Garrett) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Chris Cunningham accounted for 38.2% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (38) than the starters (25).
- D.J. Brown has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for Chris Cunningham.