(13-8, 5-6 away)
Texas State 64
(7-16, 4-10 home)
Venue: Strahan Coliseum
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||B Olson 22
||C Udofia 6
||B Olson 7
||J Wright 33
||J Wright 12
||P Hawkins 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, Denver thumped Texas State 79-64 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Pioneers remain unbeaten against Texas State this season. Brett Olson played well for the Pioneers and put up a career-high 22 points on 58% shooting in 40 minutes. Jalen Love also had a solid game, scoring a season-high 12 points and adding three rebounds. Joel Wright registered a double-double for the Bobcats on a game-high 33 points and 12 rebounds. Denver (13-8, 9-2 WAC) takes on Seattle (7-14, 2-9 WAC) on Thursday, February 7th at home.
Denver Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:00 left to go.
- Denver started 13-8 during the 2009 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Denver beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Pioneers have beaten the spread.
- The Pioneers have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Denver has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 55.3% or better.
- Denver has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer assists.
- Denver has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Denver has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Chris Udofia has 12 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Chase Hallam has 4 field goals made or more, and 71% of the time (10-4) when Royce O`Neale has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Pioneers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Denver recorded at least 20 free throws made was Feb 04, 2012 against Middle Tennessee State.
- The Pioneers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Denver has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brett Olson and Royce O`Neale) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Udofia and Royce O`Neale) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Brett Olson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Brett Olson's career.
- Brett Olson had career highs with 22 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 assists.
Texas State Game Notes
- Texas State lost and did not cover the spread.
- Joel Wright recorded a team season high in free throws made with 14 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Joel Wright accounted for 51.5% of the team's points.
- Joel Wright accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (48) than the starters (16).
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 13 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Joel Wright's career.
- Joel Wright has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Wright recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
|B-||Basil Brown II||21||9||1||0||0||0||0|