(13-8, 5-6 away)
Texas State 64
(7-16, 4-10 home)
Venue: Strahan Coliseum
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||B Olson 22
||C Udofia 6
||B Olson 7
||J Wright 33
||J Wright 12
||P Hawkins 3
Texas State was blown out by Denver 79-64 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. With the loss, the Bobcats stay winless against Denver this season at 0-2. Joel Wright got a game-high 33 points and 12 rebounds for the Bobcats, earning a double-double. Ray Dorsey had six points and added four rebounds. Brett Olson got a career-high 22 points on 58% shooting for the Pioneers. Next up for Texas State (7-16, 3-8 WAC) is Texas-Arlington (10-9, 5-5 WAC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Texas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:00 left to go.
- Texas State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Bobcats have lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 38.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.3% or better this season, Texas State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.7% or better this season, Texas State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Texas State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- TXState set season lows for assists and three-pointers.
- Texas State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--TXState has a -6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joel Wright recorded a team season high in free throws made with 14 and free throws attempted with 18.
- Joel Wright accounted for 51.5% of the team's points.
- Joel Wright accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (10).
- The bench recorded more points (48) than the starters (16).
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 13 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Joel Wright's career.
- Joel Wright has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Joel Wright recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
Denver Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brett Olson and Royce O`Neale) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Udofia and Royce O`Neale) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Brett Olson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Brett Olson's career.
- Brett Olson set career highs with 22 points, 7 field goals made, and 7 assists.
|B-||Basil Brown II||21||9||1||0||0||0||0|