South Dakota 46
(8-15, 3-10 away)
North Dakota State 65
(18-5, 11-0 home)
Venue: Bison Sports Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
|North Dakota State
||B Bos 16
||K Rowson 4
||C Kasperbauer 3
|North Dakota State
||T Wright 17
||M Bjorklund 9
||L Alexander 8
South Dakota faced off with North Dakota State on Saturday, February 2nd and lost big against the Bison 65-46 in conference play. With the loss, the Coyotes remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Brandon Bos put up a team-high 16 points and four rebounds in the Coyotes loss. Trevor Gruis had 14 points and added four rebounds. TrayVonn Wright finished with a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds for the Bison. Next up for South Dakota (8-15, 4-7 Summit League) is Missouri-Kansas City (6-18, 3-8 Summit League) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
South Dakota Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:29 left to go.
- South Dakota has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- The Coyotes have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0% or better this season, South Dakota has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better this season, South Dakota has lost 85% of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, South Dakota has lost 82% of the time (2-9).
- USD set season lows for blocks and total points.
- South Dakota has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Brandon Bos accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 23 games this season.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Lawrence Alexander recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (TrayVonn Wright and Brett VandenBergh) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- Marshall Bjorklund accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring 6 times in 23 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 23 games this season.
- TrayVonn Wright set a career high with 8 field goals made.