South Dakota 46
(8-15, 3-10 away)
North Dakota State 65
(18-5, 11-0 home)
Venue: Bison Sports Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
|North Dakota State
||B Bos 16
||K Rowson 4
||C Kasperbauer 3
|North Dakota State
||T Wright 17
||M Bjorklund 9
||L Alexander 8
On Saturday, February 2nd, North Dakota State won big against South Dakota 65-46 in Summit League action. The Bison now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Bison got the win with a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds from TrayVonn Wright. Brett VandenBergh also had a good game, scoring a season-high 14 points and adding two rebounds. For the Coyotes, Brandon Bos finished with a team-high 16 points and four rebounds. Next up for North Dakota State (18-5, 9-2 Summit League) is Oakland (11-13, 6-4 Summit League) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:29 left to go.
- The last time NDSU started the season 18-5 was 2008.
- NDSU beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- North Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0% or better.
- The Bison have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- North Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 46 or fewer total points.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season North Dakota State has won 100% of the time (4-0) when TrayVonn Wright has 17 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Lawrence Alexander plays 39 minutes or more.
- The Bison have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NDSU has a 24.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Lawrence Alexander recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (TrayVonn Wright and Brett VandenBergh) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- Marshall Bjorklund accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Marshall Bjorklund has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- TrayVonn Wright had a career high with 8 field goals made.
South Dakota Game Notes
- South Dakota lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Coyotes losing streak to 3 games.
- Brandon Bos accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.