Western Illinois 68
(17-5, 7-4 away)
(6-19, 5-7 home)
Venue: IUPUI Gymnasium
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||C Clark III 17
||T Parks 10
||C Clark III 4
||D Gibbs 18
||G Rice 7
||G Rice 7
On Saturday, February 2nd, Western Illinois got a road victory against IUPUI 68-59 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Leathernecks stay unbeaten against IUPUI this season. The Leathernecks got the win with a team-high 17 points and five rebounds from Ceola Clark III. Terell Parks played his way to a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. For the Jaguars, Greg Rice finished with 10 points and seven rebounds. Western Illinois (17-5, 9-2 Summit League) gets Nebraska-Omaha (7-17, 5-7 Summit League) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:51 left to go.
- WIU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Leathernecks have beaten the spread.
- The Leathernecks have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 68 or more total points.
- Western Illinois has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.7% or better.
- Western Illinois has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- WIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 25 or fewer rebounds.
- WIU has won 81% of the time this season (17-4) after holding an opponent to under 48.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Western Illinois has won 73% of the time (11-4) when Terell Parks has 11 points or more, 73% of the time (11-4) when Jack Houpt plays 34 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Ceola Clark III has 5 rebounds or more.
- WIU set a season low for blocks.
- The Leathernecks have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Ceola Clark III and Terell Parks) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ceola Clark III has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 22 games this season.
- Terell Parks recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 18th of his career.
IUPUI Game Notes
- IUPUI lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Jaguars losing streak to 9 games.
- Donovan Gibbs accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Rice and Donovan Gibbs) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in scoring 3 times in 25 games this season.
- Donovan Gibbs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Esposito has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Rice set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
|A+||Ceola Clark III||38||17||5||4||2||0||0|
|C+||Don McAvoy III||17||4||1||2||2||0||2|