IUPUI faced off with Western Illinois on Saturday, February 2nd and took a home loss to the Leathernecks 68-59 in conference play. With the loss, the Jaguars remain winless against Western Illinois this season at 0-2. The Jaguars got 10 points and seven rebounds from Greg Rice. Donovan Gibbs also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 18 points and adding six rebounds. Ceola Clark III finished with a team-high 17 points and five rebounds for the Leathernecks. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when IUPUI (5-19, 1-10 Summit League) welcomes Nebraska-Omaha (7-17, 5-7 Summit League).
IUPUI Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:51 left to go.
- The last time IUPUI started the season 6-19 was 1999.
- IUPUI has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Jaguars have lost 83% of the time this season (2-10) after having a three-point percentage of 36.4% or worse.
- IUPUI has lost 83% of the time this season (2-10) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.7% or better this season, IUPUI has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, IUPUI has lost 95% of the time (1-19).
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, IUPUI has lost 90% of the time (2-18).
- IUPUI has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--IUPUI has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Donovan Gibbs accounted for 30.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Rice and Donovan Gibbs) accounted for 52.0% of the rebounds.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 25 games this season.
- Donovan Gibbs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Esposito has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Rice had career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ceola Clark III and Terell Parks) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ceola Clark III has led the team in scoring 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 22 games this season.
- Terell Parks recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 18th of his career.