South Dakota State 88
(18-6, 12-0 home)
Venue: Frost Arena
5:05PM ET / 2:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
|South Dakota State
||E Tyler 13
||B Reid 10
||E Tyler 3
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 18
||J Dykstra 9
||N Wolters 6
On Saturday, February 2nd, Missouri-Kansas City took on South Dakota State and was thumped by the Jackrabbits 88-57 in conference play. The game got away from Missouri-Kansas City early, as they dug themselves a 50-30 hole at halftime and never got back into it. With the loss, the Kangaroos remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Kangaroos got eight points from Nate Rogers in minutes. Brad Reid had eight points and added 10 rebounds. For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters got a game-high 18 points and six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Missouri-Kansas City (6-18, 3-8 Summit League) gets Houston Baptist (6-14, 1-3 Great West) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:43 left to go.
- Missouri-Kansas City started 6-18 during the 2008 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Kangaroos have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 33.9% or worse.
- When the opposition records 88 or more total points this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- UMKC set a season low for blocks.
- Missouri-Kansas City has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Trinity Hall recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Estan Tyler and Trinity Hall) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trinity Hall and Brad Reid) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- Estan Tyler has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- Trinity Hall has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 24 games this season.
- Trinity Hall recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trinity Hall recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Trinity Hall had a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Brad Reid recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nelson Kirksey.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 16 times in 24 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 24 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Nate Wolters has 14 straight double-digit point games.