South Dakota State 88
(18-6, 12-0 home)
Venue: Frost Arena
5:05PM ET / 2:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
|South Dakota State
||E Tyler 13
||B Reid 10
||E Tyler 3
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 18
||J Dykstra 9
||N Wolters 6
On Saturday, February 2nd, South Dakota State trounced Missouri-Kansas City 88-57 in conference action. The game was never in question, with South Dakota State taking an insurmountable 50-30 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Jackrabbits improve their record to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Nate Wolters played brilliantly for the Jackrabbits and put up a game-high 18 points and six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Zach Horstman also had an outstanding game, scoring a career-high 13 points and adding three rebounds. Nate Rogers finished with eight points for the Kangaroos. Next up for South Dakota State (18-6, 9-2 Summit League) is IPFW (10-14, 3-7 Summit League) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:43 left to go.
- The last time SDSU started the season 18-6 was 2011.
- The win over Missouri-Kansas City extended the South Dakota State winning streak to 7 games.
- SDSU beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SDSU has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Jackrabbits have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- South Dakota State has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.4% or better.
- SDSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season South Dakota State has won 75% of the time (12-4) when Nate Wolters has 18 points or more, 71% of the time (12-5) when Brayden Carlson plays 32 minutes or more, and 85% of the time (11-2) when Jordan Dykstra has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Jackrabbits have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SDSU has a 14.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Nate Wolters has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- Missouri-Kansas City lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UMKC has been on the losing end of 31 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Kangaroos losing streak to 4 games.
- Trinity Hall recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Estan Tyler and Trinity Hall) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trinity Hall and Brad Reid) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- Estan Tyler has led the team in scoring 9 times in 24 games this season.
- Trinity Hall has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 24 games this season.
- Trinity Hall recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trinity Hall recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Trinity Hall set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Brad Reid recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nelson Kirksey.