SE Louisiana 59
(8-12, 2-10 away)
Oral Roberts 65
(14-8, 7-4 home)
Venue: Mabee Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Evans 17
||R Johnson 9
||B Fortenberry 4
||D Bell-Holter 23
||D Bell-Holter 10
||S Glover 4
On Saturday, February 2nd, Southeastern Louisiana took on Oral Roberts and lost to the Golden Eagles 65-59 in conference play. With the loss, the Lions stay winless against Oral Roberts this season at 0-2. The Lions were led by Brandon Fortenberry, who put up 16 points and four assists. Dre Evans got 17 points and added two rebounds. Damen Bell-Holter got a double-double for the Golden Eagles with a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Southeastern Louisiana (8-12, 6-4 SLC) goes to Nicholls State (6-14, 5-5 SLC) on Saturday, February 9th.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- Southeastern Louisiana started 8-12 during the 2011, 2002, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 38.5% or worse.
- Southeastern Louisiana has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- The Lions set season highs for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The last time SELU recorded at least 9 three-pointers was Nov 21, 2011 against Blue Mountain.
- The Lions have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Dre Evans and Brandon Fortenberry) accounted for 55.9% of the points.
- Dre Evans has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Roosevelt Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Brandon Fortenberry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Oral Roberts Game Notes
- Shawn Glover recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- Damen Bell-Holter accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Damen Bell-Holter and Warren Niles) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Damen Bell-Holter has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Warren Niles's career.
- Warren Niles set a career high with 4 steals.
- Shawn Glover set a career high with 5 blocks.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Damen Bell-Holter's career.
- Damen Bell-Holter has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Damen Bell-Holter recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 17th of his career.