Stephen F. Austin 65
(18-2, 8-2 away)
(2-20, 1-6 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, February 02, 2013
|Stephen F. Austin
|Stephen F. Austin
||T Smith 20
||T Smith 7
||H Bateman 5
||A Wilson 13
||S Brown 10
||R Mitchell 3
Stephen F. Austin won on the road against Lamar 65-51 in SLC play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Lumberjacks remain undefeated against Lamar this season at 2-0. The Lumberjacks got the win with a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds from Taylor Smith. Hal Bateman had a career-high 18 points and added six rebounds. For the Cardinals, Rhon Mitchell finished with eight points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Stephen F. Austin (18-2, 9-1 SLC) hosts Central Arkansas (9-11, 4-6 SLC).
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:29 left to go.
- The Lumberjacks have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Stephen F. Austin has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- SFA has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- SFA has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Stephen F. Austin has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Taylor Smith has 20 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when Antonio Bostic plays 30 minutes or more, and 94% of the time (16-1) when Hal Bateman has 5 assists or more.
- SFA set a season low for turnovers.
- The Lumberjacks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 14 games.
- Taylor Smith accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Smith and Hal Bateman) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 15 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Taylor Smith's career.
- Taylor Smith has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Hal Bateman had career highs with 18 points and 6 field goals made.
Lamar Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Amos Wilson and Rhon Mitchell) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Stanford Brown accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 22 games this season.
- Stanford Brown recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stanford Brown set a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.