Nicholls State 76
(6-14, 2-12 away)
Central Arkansas 79
(9-11, 6-5 home)
Venue: Farris Center
5:25PM ET / 2:25PM PT, February 02, 2013
||F Hunter 36
||F Hunter 11
||T Carpenter 4
||R Crawford 19
||J Harks 6
||L Brown 4
Central Arkansas won a nail-biter over Nicholls State 79-76 in SLC play on Saturday, February 2nd. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Jordan Harks had an impressive game for the Bears and got 13 points plus six rebounds. Robert Crawford had a team-high 19 points and added five rebounds. Fred Hunter recorded a double-double for the Colonels on a sensational 36 points and 11 rebounds. Central Arkansas (9-11, 4-6 SLC) heads to Stephen F. Austin (18-2, 9-1 SLC) on Thursday, February 7th.
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- The last time UCA started the season 9-11 was 2008.
- The Bears have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Central Arkansas has won 20 close games.
- The Bears have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Central Arkansas has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UCA has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season Central Arkansas has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Anthony Borden has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Bears set a season high for blocks.
- Our 11 blocks is the 2nd best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time UCA recorded at least 11 blocks was Dec 29, 2007 against Missouri-Kansas City.
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UCA has a 7.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Robert Crawford recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Robert Crawford and Jordan Harks) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- Robert Crawford has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Anthony Borden has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Robert Crawford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Robert Crawford had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Terrell Brown.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The Colonels have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Nicholls State has lost 25 close games.
- Fred Hunter recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 47.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Dantrell Thomas recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dantrell Thomas set career highs with 11 rebounds and 7 offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- Fred Hunter set career highs with 36 points and 12 free throws made.
- Amin Torres has 3 straight double-digit point games.