UNC Greensboro 59
(6-15, 0-9 away)
(16-7, 9-4 home)
Venue: TD Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Locke 21
||K McNeil 8
||D Williams 2
||A Lawrence 17
||T Wiedeman 12
||A Lawrence 6
North Carolina-Greensboro lost big against College of Charleston 81-59 in conference play in a game where the Cougars scored 30 points from three-point territory. The Spartans were led by Kayel Locke, who put up a game-high 21 points and four rebounds. Kelvin McNeil had five points and added eight rebounds. For the Cougars, Andrew Lawrence got a team-high 17 points on 56% shooting. Next up for North Carolina-Greensboro (6-15, 4-6 SoCon) is Furman (6-14, 3-6 SoCon) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:18 left to go.
- The last time UNCG started the season 6-15 was 2002.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 23 or more free throws made this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 47.6% or better this season, North Carolina-Greensboro has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- UNCG set season lows for field goals made and three-pointers.
- North Carolina-Greensboro has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Kayel Locke accounted for 35.5% of the team's points.
- Kayel Locke has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Kelvin McNeil has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Trevis Simpson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Kayel Locke's career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kayel Locke.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for David Williams.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Nicholas Paulos.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Trent Wiedeman and Willis Hall) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring 9 times in 23 games this season.
- Anthony Stitt has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Wiedeman recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trent Wiedeman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trent Wiedeman recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 14th of his career.
- Willis Hall set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.