(6-15, 2-8 away)
(6-14, 5-5 home)
Venue: Timmons Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||P Horgan 23
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 7
||C Reddick 26
||C Reddick 8
||S Croone 12
On Saturday, February 2nd, Citadel got a road win against Furman 84-79 in SoCon play. It looked like this one could get ugly, with Furman up 40-24 at the half, but Citadel was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. Mike Groselle played brilliantly for the Bulldogs and put up 19 points and seven rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). P.J. Horgan also had an outstanding game, scoring a career-high 23 points and adding five rebounds. Stephen Croone registered a double-double for the Paladins on 12 points and 12 assists (6 Reb 3 Stl). Citadel (6-15, 3-8 SoCon) gets Chattanooga (8-14, 3-6 SoCon) on the road on Thursday, February 7th.
Citadel Game Notes
- Citadel started 6-15 during the 2006 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Citadel beat the spread by 12.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time Citadel had a three-point percentage of 53.8% or higher was Jan 14, 2012 against North Carolina-Greensboro.
- Citadel set a season low for blocks.
- Citadel has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (P.J. Horgan and Mike Groselle) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and P.J. Horgan) accounted for 48.0% of the rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 21 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Groselle had a career high with 6 assists.
- Ashton Moore had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of P.J. Horgan's career.
- Matt Van Scyoc has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Matt Van Scyoc.
Furman Game Notes
- Furman lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Paladins have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Furman has lost 24 close games.
- Charlie Reddick recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Charlie Reddick accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Colin Reddick and Charlie Reddick) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Charlie Reddick has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Colin Reddick has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Charlie Reddick's career.
- Charlie Reddick set career highs with 26 points and 10 field goals made.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Stephen Croone's career.
- Stephen Croone has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Stephen Croone recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Colin Reddick's career.
- Colin Reddick has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Bryant Irwin.
|A||M. Harris III||33||11||1||7||0||0||0|
|B||Matt Van Scyoc||34||13||2||2||1||0||2|