(8-14, 3-7 away)
Georgia Southern 59
(10-13, 6-4 home)
Venue: Hanner Fieldhouse
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||G McGhee 19
||D Zlovaric 10
||Z Mason 2
||C Reed 19
||C Baskerville 4
||C Reed 5
Chattanooga was outscored 24-3 from beyond the arc by Georgia Southern and was narrowly defeated by the Eagles 59-57 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Mocs were led by Gee McGhee, who put up a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. Z Mason had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Eagles, C.J. Reed finished with a team-high 19 points and five assists. Chattanooga (8-14, 3-6 SoCon) takes on Citadel (6-15, 3-8 SoCon) on Thursday, February 7th at home.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- The last time UTC started the season 8-14 was 1999.
- UTC beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Mocs have beaten the spread.
- Chattanooga has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Mocs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 37.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Chattanooga has lost 79% of the time (3-11).
- UTC set season lows for steals, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- The Mocs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Chattanooga has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Gee McGhee recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 15.
- Gee McGhee accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Drazen Zlovaric and Z Mason) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Drazen Zlovaric has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Z Mason has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Gee McGhee has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drazen Zlovaric recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Drazen Zlovaric recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 6th of his career.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- Georgia Southern won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Eagles won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Southern has lost 19 close games.
- C.J. Reed accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- C.J. Reed has led the team in scoring 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Eric Ferguson has 7 straight double-digit point games.