(8-14, 3-7 away)
Georgia Southern 59
(10-13, 6-4 home)
Venue: Hanner Fieldhouse
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||G McGhee 19
||D Zlovaric 10
||Z Mason 2
||C Reed 19
||C Baskerville 4
||C Reed 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Georgia Southern outscored Chattanooga 24-3 from behind the three-point line and won by a slim margin against the Mocs 59-57 in SoCon play. C.J. Reed was exceptional for the Eagles and put up a team-high 19 points plus five assists. Eric Ferguson also had a strong outing, scoring 16 points and adding two rebounds. For the Mocs, Gee McGhee got a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. Georgia Southern (10-13, 4-6 SoCon) welcomes Appalachian State (9-11, 5-5 SoCon) on Thursday, February 7th.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- Georgia Southern started 10-13 during the 2006 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Eagles have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Georgia Southern has won 23 close games.
- The Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 13 or more assists.
- GS has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- GS has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season Georgia Southern has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Eric Ferguson has 7 field goals made or more.
- GS set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--GS has a 4.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- C.J. Reed accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- C.J. Reed has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Eric Ferguson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- This loss extended the Mocs losing streak to 4 games.
- Gee McGhee recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 15.
- Gee McGhee accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Drazen Zlovaric and Z Mason) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Gee McGhee has led the team in scoring 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Drazen Zlovaric has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Z Mason has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Gee McGhee has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drazen Zlovaric recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Drazen Zlovaric recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 6th of his career.