Western Carolina 65
(8-14, 3-10 away)
Appalachian State 74
(9-12, 7-3 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Sumler 21
||T King 9
||T King 3
||N Healy 24
||J Canty 8
||J Canty 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Western Carolina took on Appalachian State and was edged by the Mountaineers 74-65 in conference play. The Catamounts are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-2). The Catamounts got nine points and nine rebounds from Tawaski King. Brandon Boggs had five points and added five rebounds. Nathan Healy got a game-high 24 points and eight rebounds for the Mountaineers. Western Carolina (8-14, 5-5 SoCon) gets Davidson (15-7, 10-1 SoCon) on the road on Thursday, February 7th.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- Western Carolina has lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- The Catamounts have lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 41.1% or worse.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Western Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.9% or better this season, Western Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 7 or more three-pointers this season, Western Carolina has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- Trey Sumler accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tawaski King and Preston Ross) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Trey Sumler has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 22 games this season.
- Tawaski King has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Trey Sumler's career.
- James Sinclair had career highs with 17 points and 7 field goals made.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- Nathan Healy recorded a team season high in steals with 7.
- Nathan Healy accounted for 32.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nathan Healy and Jay Canty) accounted for 57.1% of the rebounds.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Nathan Healy's career.
- Nathan Healy set career highs with 24 points, 4 three-pointers, and 7 steals.