Morehead State stumbled against Jacksonville State 70-59 in conference play on a day when the Gamecocks shot 66%. Milton Chavis put up 10 points plus four rebounds for the Eagles. Jourdan Stickler scored a season-high 12 points. For the Gamecocks, Tarvin Gaines finished with a game-high 23 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Morehead State (11-13, 5-5 OVC) welcomes Eastern Kentucky (17-6, 7-3 OVC).
Morehead State Game Notes
- The last time MSU started the season 11-13 was 2000.
- Morehead State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Eagles have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 10.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 14 or more steals this season, Morehead State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Eagles set a season high for turnovers.
- MSU set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Morehead State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (20).
- Kahlil Owens has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 24 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Taariq Muhammad.
- Drew Kelly has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- Tarvin Gaines accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in scoring 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Nick Cook has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Brian Williams has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mason Leggett set career highs with 8 assists and 4 steals.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Tarvin Gaines's career.
- Tarvin Gaines has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Tarvin Gaines set career highs with a 89% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.