Tennessee Tech 52
(8-14, 3-10 away)
(19-4, 10-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
8:20PM ET / 5:20PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Ogbe 19
||J Dillard 10
||J McKay 4
||T Noack 19
||B Baker 5
||J Mann 4
Belmont squared off with Tennessee Tech on Saturday, February 2nd and easily got by the Golden Eagles 74-52 in conference play. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Belmont up by only three at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. With a record of 2-0, the Bruins stay unbeaten against Tennessee Tech this season. J.J. Mann played brilliantly for the Bruins and put up 16 points plus four rebounds. Trevor Noack had a team-high 19 points and added five rebounds. Jud Dillard registered a double-double for the Golden Eagles on 17 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Belmont (19-4, 10-0 OVC) goes to Murray State (16-5, 7-2 OVC).
Belmont Game Notes
- The last time Belmont started the season 19-4 was 2010.
- The win over Tennessee Tech extended the Belmont winning streak to 10 games.
- Belmont beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Belmont has been on the winning end of 49 blowout games.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Belmont has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Belmont has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- Belmont has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Belmont has won 85% of the time (17-3) when Ian Clark has 13 points or more, 90% of the time (9-1) when Trevor Noack plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when J.J. Mann has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Bruins have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Belmont has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Belmont has a 24.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and J.J. Mann) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Kerron Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ian Clark has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. Mann has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Noack had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Tennessee Tech Game Notes
- Tennessee Tech lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, TTU has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- Dennis Ogbe accounted for 36.5% of the team's points.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jud Dillard has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Jud Dillard recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jud Dillard has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jud Dillard recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 24th of his career.
- Dennis Ogbe has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Ogbe set career highs with 19 points, 7 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.