(12-10, 4-8 away)
(18-3, 14-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Black 14
||S Haralson 5
||R Ray 3
||A Barton 16
||D Stephens 13
||G Johnson 7
On Saturday, February 2nd, Memphis won big against Tulsa 94-64 in C-USA action. Everything went right for Memphis in this one, as they led 49-32 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. D.J. Stephens picked up a double-double in the Tigers win with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Tarik Black had eight points and added nine rebounds. For the Golden Hurricane, Scottie Haralson got 13 points and five rebounds. Next up for Memphis (18-3, 7-0 C-USA) is Southern Methodist (12-10, 2-5 C-USA) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Memphis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:18 left to go.
- Memphis started 18-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Tulsa extended the Memphis winning streak to 12 games.
- Memphis beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Memphis has been on the winning end of 58 blowout games.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 32 or more field goals made.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Memphis has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) when its field goal percentage has been 48.5% or better.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Shaq Goodwin has 10 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when Chris Crawford has 4 field goals made or more, and 91% of the time (10-1) when Joe Jackson has 5 assists or more.
- The Tigers set season highs for blocks, three-pointers, and total points.
- Our 12 blocks is the 14th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Memphis recorded at least 94 total points was Nov 22, 2011 against Tennessee.
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 17 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Memphis has a 13.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tarik Black recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- Antonio Barton tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Stephens and Tarik Black) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (50) than the starters (44).
- Antonio Barton has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
Tulsa Game Notes
- Tulsa lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Tulsa has been on the losing end of 9 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Kauri Black and Scottie Haralson) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Scottie Haralson has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Patrick Swilling Jr. has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Scottie Haralson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kauri Black has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kauri Black set a career high with 14 points.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Brandon Swannegan.
|B-||P. Swilling Jr.||35||11||3||0||2||0||1|