(14-6, 6-2 away)
(17-4, 14-1 home)
Venue: Halton Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Vinson 23
||R Putney 6
||C Williams 3
||E Victor Nickerson 12
||C Braswell 7
||P Henry 5
Massachusetts lost by a slim margin to Charlotte 66-65 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. Terrell Vinson put up a career-high 23 points and four rebounds in a losing effort. Chaz Williams also had a strong showing, scoring 16 points and adding four rebounds. For the 49ers, Chris Braswell got nine points and seven rebounds. Next up for Massachusetts (14-6, 4-3 A-10) is Rhode Island (6-13, 1-5 A-10) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Massachusetts started 14-6 during the 2007 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- UMASS beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Minutemen have beaten the spread.
- The Minutemen have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Massachusetts has lost 25 close games.
- The Minutemen set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time UMASS had a three-point percentage of 45.0% or higher was Mar 09, 2012 against Temple.
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Massachusetts has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Terrell Vinson accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- Terrell Vinson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Raphiael Putney has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Terrell Vinson's career.
- Terrell Vinson had career highs with 23 points, 9 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.
Charlotte Game Notes
- Charlotte won, but did not cover the spread.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 21 games this season.