(14-6, 6-2 away)
(17-4, 14-1 home)
Venue: Halton Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Vinson 23
||R Putney 6
||C Williams 3
||E Victor Nickerson 12
||C Braswell 7
||P Henry 5
Charlotte squared off with Massachusetts on Saturday, February 2nd and snuck past the Minutemen 66-65 in conference action. Chris Braswell guided the 49ers and put up nine points plus seven rebounds. Terrence Williams also had a solid game, scoring eight points and adding six rebounds. For the Minutemen, Terrell Vinson finished with a career-high 23 points and four rebounds. Charlotte (17-4, 5-2 A-10) takes on Temple (14-6, 3-3 A-10) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The last time Charlotte started the season 17-4 was 2004.
- The 49ers have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Charlotte has won 27 close games.
- The 49ers have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Charlotte has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Charlotte has won 100% of the time this season (14-0) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- This season Charlotte has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Pierra Henry plays 31 minutes or more, 77% of the time (10-3) when Chris Braswell has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (12-3) when Willie Clayton has 6 rebounds or more.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Charlotte has a 10.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The Minutemen have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Massachusetts has lost 25 close games.
- Terrell Vinson accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- Terrell Vinson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Raphiael Putney has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Terrell Vinson's career.
- Terrell Vinson set career highs with 23 points, 9 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.