Dayton faced off with Saint Louis on Saturday, February 2nd and lost big against the Billikens 81-52 in conference play. Dayton dug a hole early, down 39-23 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. Josh Benson put up a team-high 12 points and six rebounds in the Flyers loss. Dyshawn Pierre had four points and added four rebounds. For the Billikens, Jordair Jett finished with 11 points and six assists. Dayton (12-9, 2-5 A-10) takes on St. Joseph's (PA) (12-7, 3-3 A-10) on Wednesday, February 6th on their home court.
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:53 left to go.
- The last time UD started the season 12-9 was 2000.
- Dayton has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- Dayton has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 21 or more turnovers.
- The Flyers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 42.3% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9% or better this season, Dayton has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 11 or more steals this season, Dayton has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.9% or better this season, Dayton has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- UD set season lows for assists, free throws made, and total points.
- The top two scorers (Josh Benson and Vee Sanford) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Josh Benson has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kevin Dillard.
- Vee Sanford has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Dwayne Evans and Rob Loe) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Rob Loe has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has 4 straight double-digit point games.