(12-9, 3-6 away)
Saint Louis 81
(16-5, 14-2 home)
Venue: Chaifetz Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Benson 12
||J Benson 6
||D Pierre 3
||R Loe 17
||D Evans 7
||J Jett 6
On Saturday, February 2nd, Saint Louis took on Dayton and easily knocked off the Flyers 81-52 in conference action. The game was never in question, with Saint Louis taking an insurmountable 39-23 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Billikens got the win with 11 points and six assists from Jordair Jett. Rob Loe had a game-high 17 points and added six rebounds. Josh Benson finished with a team-high 12 points and six rebounds for the Flyers. Next up for Saint Louis (16-5, 5-2 A-10) is Fordham (6-15, 2-4 A-10) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:53 left to go.
- The last time SLU started the season 16-5 was 2011.
- The win over Dayton extended the Saint Louis winning streak to 4 games.
- SLU beat the spread by 22.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Billikens have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SLU has been on the winning end of 27 blowout games.
- Saint Louis has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9% or better.
- The Billikens have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 5 or more blocks.
- SLU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- SLU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 42.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Saint Louis has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Dwayne Evans has 15 points or more.
- The Billikens set season highs for assists and total points.
- The last time SLU recorded at least 81 total points was Feb 01, 2012 against St. Bonaventure.
- The Billikens have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Saint Louis has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--SLU has a 13.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Dwayne Evans and Rob Loe) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Rob Loe has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Dayton Game Notes
- Dayton lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Josh Benson and Vee Sanford) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Josh Benson has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kevin Dillard.
- Vee Sanford has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||26||4||2||3||2||1||1|