(11-13, 4-12 away)
(7-17, 4-5 home)
Venue: Ralston Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||C Petros 28
||D Valentine 16
||D Mondy 5
||J Simmons 25
||C Carter 6
||C Carter 5
Oakland won big against Nebraska-Omaha 96-81 in Summit League action on Saturday, February 2nd. It looked like this might be a loss for Oakland, as they trailed 47-43 at the half. However, they came back with a purpose in the second half and ended up winning big. With a record of 2-0, the Golden Grizzlies remain undefeated against Nebraska-Omaha this season. Drew Valentine earned a double-double in the win with 14 points and 16 rebounds. Duke Mondy had 17 points and added eight rebounds. For the Mavericks, C.J. Carter got 21 points and six rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). Oakland (11-13, 6-4 Summit League) takes on North Dakota State (17-5, 8-2 Summit League) on Thursday, February 7th on their home court.
Oakland Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:37 left to go.
- Oakland started 11-13 during the 2000 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Nebraska-Omaha extended the Oakland winning streak to 3 games.
- Oakland beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Golden Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- Oakland has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.5% or better.
- Oakland has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Oakland has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Travis Bader has 24 points or more.
- The Golden Grizzlies set season highs for free throws made and total points.
- The last time Oakland recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 23, 2012 against Missouri-Kansas City.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Golden Grizzlies came back after being down at halftime.
- Travis Bader recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13.
- Drew Valentine tallied a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- The top two scorers (Corey Petros and Travis Bader) accounted for 54.1% of the points.
- Drew Valentine accounted for 45.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Corey Petros has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 24 games this season.
- Drew Valentine has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Drew Valentine recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Drew Valentine recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 12th of his career.
- Drew Valentine had a career high with 16 rebounds.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Corey Petros's career.
- Corey Petros had career highs with 28 points and 12 field goals made.
- Duke Mondy has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Travis Bader had a career high with 13 free throws made.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- Nebraska-Omaha lost and did not cover the spread.
- Justin Simmons accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Justin Simmons has led the team in scoring 14 times in 24 games this season.
- C.J. Carter has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of C.J. Carter's career.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Justin Simmons's career.
- Justin Simmons has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- John Karhoff has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for John Karhoff.