On Saturday, February 2nd, Coastal Carolina beat Radford 62-52 in conference action. The Chanticleers got the win with a game-high 22 points and three rebounds from Anthony Raffa. Kierre Greenwood had 15 points. Jalen Carethers got three points and eight rebounds for the Highlanders. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Coastal Carolina (10-10, 5-4 Big South) hosts Charleston Southern (12-7, 7-1 Big South).
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:28 left to go.
- Coastal Carolina started 10-10 during the 2007, 2003, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Chanticleers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- CCAR has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- This season Coastal Carolina has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Kierre Greenwood plays 34 minutes or more and 73% of the time (8-3) when Anthony Raffa has 8 field goals made or more.
- The Chanticleers set a season high for blocks.
- The last time CCAR recorded at least 5 blocks was Feb 25, 2012 against Virginia Military Institute.
- CCAR set season lows for steals and turnovers.
- Coastal Carolina has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Michel Enanga recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michel Enanga and Badou Diagne) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 20 games this season.
- Michel Enanga has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Kierre Greenwood has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Anthony Raffa's career.
- Anthony Raffa has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Michel Enanga recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Warren Gillis had a career high with 8 rebounds.
Radford Game Notes
- Jalen Carethers recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Javonte Green and R.J. Price) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (27) than the starters (25).
- Javonte Green has led the team in scoring 8 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Blake Smith.