La Salle 80
(15-6, 6-4 away)
George Washington 71
(10-10, 6-5 home)
Venue: Charles E. Smith Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Peterson 15
||J Wright 8
||T Duren 5
||I Armwood 17
||I Armwood 9
||J McDonald 5
La Salle got a victory on the road against George Washington 80-71 in conference play on an afternoon when they scored 33 points from behind the arc. Tyreek Duren put on a show for the Explorers and put up 11 points (5 Ast 3 Stl) in 40 minutes. Sam Mills had 12 points and added four assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Isaiah Armwood finished with a game-high 17 points and nine rebounds for the Colonials. La Salle (15-6, 5-3 A-10) welcomes Fordham (6-15, 2-4 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th.
La Salle Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- The last time La Salle started the season 15-6 was 2011.
- La Salle beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- The Explorers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- La Salle has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 5 or fewer steals.
- La Salle has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 27.3% three-point percentage.
- This season La Salle has won 83% of the time (15-3) when Tyreek Duren has 11 points or more, 83% of the time (10-2) when Sam Mills plays 35 minutes or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Jerrell Wright has 8 rebounds or more.
- La Salle has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Ramon Galloway recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- The top two rebounders (Jerrell Wright and Steve Zack) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Tyreek Duren has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- D.J. Peterson had career highs with 15 points and 5 three-pointers.
George Washington Game Notes
- George Washington lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Armwood and Joe McDonald) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 14 times in 20 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.