Old Dominion 63
(2-19, 0-8 away)
Georgia State 83
(12-12, 8-5 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||R Ross 15
||D Painter 14
||K Palmore 4
||R Hunter 38
||M Atkins 9
||D White 8
Old Dominion was crushed by Georgia State 83-63 in conference play in a game where they were outshot by the Panthers 54%-32%. Old Dominion was only down 33-28 at the break, but Georgia State broke it open in the second half and won by a big margin. With the loss, the Monarchs remain winless against Georgia State this season at 0-2. The Monarchs got a double-double out of DeShawn Painter with a team-high 15 points and 14 rebounds. Richard Ross also had a good game, scoring 15 points and adding nine rebounds. R.J. Hunter finished with a mind-blowing 38 points for the Panthers, making 10 of 15 from three-point range. The next game will be on Monday, February 4th when Old Dominion (2-19, 0-9 CAA) welcomes George Mason (12-9, 5-4 CAA).
Old Dominion Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:25 left to go.
- The Monarchs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 32.3% or worse.
- Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time this season (0-11) after recording 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- Old Dominion has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.8% or better this season, Old Dominion has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- ODU set a season low for blocks.
- Old Dominion has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (DeShawn Painter and Richard Ross) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- DeShawn Painter accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- DeShawn Painter had career highs with 14 rebounds and 8 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Keenan Palmore.
Georgia State Game Notes
- R.J. Hunter recorded a team season high in points with 38, field goals made with 12, three-pointers with 10, and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Devonta White tallied a team season high in assists with 8.
- R.J. Hunter accounted for 45.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Atkins and James Vincent) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring 12 times in 24 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of R.J. Hunter's career.
- Rashaad Richardson set a career high with 5 steals.
- Devonta White has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Devonta White set a career high with 8 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Markus Crider.