Old Dominion 63
(2-19, 0-8 away)
Georgia State 83
(12-12, 8-5 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||R Ross 15
||D Painter 14
||K Palmore 4
||R Hunter 38
||M Atkins 9
||D White 8
Georgia State outshot Old Dominion 54%-32% and pounded the Monarchs 83-63 in CAA action on Saturday, February 2nd. Georgia State took a small 33-28 lead into the locker room at halftime, and then finished Old Dominion off with a big second half. The Panthers stay undefeated against Old Dominion this season at 2-0. The Panthers got a ridiculous 38 points from R.J. Hunter, with 30 points coming from three-point range. Manny Atkins also had an excellent game, scoring 16 points and adding nine rebounds. DeShawn Painter got a double-double for the Monarchs on a team-high 15 points and 14 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Georgia State (12-12, 7-4 CAA) travels to North Carolina-Wilmington (8-12, 3-5 CAA).
Georgia State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:25 left to go.
- The last time GSU started the season 12-12 was 2004.
- GSU beat the spread by 12.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, GSU has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- The Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- GSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Georgia State has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Manny Atkins has 16 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when James Vincent has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Panthers set season highs for field goal percentage and three-pointers.
- The last time GSU recorded at least 16 three-pointers was Jan 13, 2005 against Troy.
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--GSU has a 5.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- R.J. Hunter recorded a team season high in points with 38, field goals made with 12, three-pointers with 10, and three pointers attempted with 15.
- Devonta White tallied a team season high in assists with 8.
- R.J. Hunter accounted for 45.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Manny Atkins and James Vincent) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Manny Atkins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of R.J. Hunter's career.
- Rashaad Richardson had a career high with 5 steals.
- Devonta White has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Devonta White had a career high with 8 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Markus Crider.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- Old Dominion lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, ODU has been on the losing end of 5 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Monarchs losing streak to 9 games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (DeShawn Painter and Richard Ross) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- DeShawn Painter accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- DeShawn Painter set career highs with 14 rebounds and 8 offensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Keenan Palmore.