(10-12, 10-4 home)
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Clanton 24
||K Clanton 9
||I Sykes 4
||E Pittman 20
||D Tinnon 5
||D Kane 12
Marshall squared off with UCF on Saturday, February 2nd and topped the Knights 75-71 in conference play. Nigel Spikes guided the Thundering Herd and got 11 points plus four rebounds. Elijah Pittman also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 20 points and adding two rebounds. For the Knights, Keith Clanton got a game-high 24 points and nine rebounds. Marshall (10-12, 3-4 C-USA) gets Tulane (14-7, 2-4 C-USA) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Marshall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:18 left to go.
- The last time Marshall started the season 10-12 was 1997.
- Marshall beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Thundering Herd have beaten the spread.
- The Thundering Herd have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Marshall has won 35 close games.
- The Thundering Herd have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 17 or more assists.
- This season Marshall has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Dennis Tinnon has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Thundering Herd set season highs for blocks and field goal percentage.
- Our 14 blocks is the 2nd best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Marshall recorded at least 14 blocks was Feb 27, 2010 against UCF.
- Marshall has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Thundering Herd came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Marshall has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Nigel Spikes recorded a team season high in blocks with 9.
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Elijah Pittman's career.
- D.D. Scarver has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Nigel Spikes had a career high with 9 blocks.
UCF Game Notes
- UCF lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Knights have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UCF has lost 26 close games.
- Keith Clanton accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Keith Clanton's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Keith Clanton.
- Calvin Newell Jr. set a career high with 8 field goals made.
- Isaiah Sykes has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Isaiah Sykes.
|A||C. Newell Jr.||33||19||3||3||3||0||3|