On a day when the Terrapins shot 67%, Wake Forest was blown out by Maryland 86-60 in conference play. Wake Forest fell way behind at halftime, 42-25, and was never able to get back in it. Travis McKie put up a game-high 15 points plus six rebounds in the Demon Deacons loss. Codi Miller-McIntyre had 14 points and added three rebounds. For the Terrapins, Alex Len finished with 12 points and nine rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). The next game will be on Tuesday, February 5th when Wake Forest (10-11, 3-6 ACC) heads to North Carolina (15-6, 5-3 ACC).
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:57 left to go.
- The last time WFU started the season 10-11 was 2006.
- Wake Forest has lost 83% of the time this season (2-10) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 11 or more three-pointers this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 21 or more assists this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 7 or more blocks this season, Wake Forest has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- WFU set season lows for blocks, free throws made, rebounds, and turnovers.
- The top two scorers (Travis McKie and Codi Miller-McIntyre) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis McKie and Codi Miller-McIntyre) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Travis McKie has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Travis McKie has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Harris has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland Game Notes
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.
- James Padgett set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Dezmine Wells has 3 straight double-digit point games.