(11-11, 2-5 away)
(13-10, 8-7 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Hammons 19
||A Hammons 13
||D Byrd 5
||R Hearn 26
||J Swopshire 7
||D Sobolewski 6
Northwestern scored 33 points from behind the arc and trounced Purdue 75-60 in Big Ten play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Wildcats got the win with 13 points and seven rebounds from Jared Swopshire. Dave Sobolewski also had an excellent game, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds. A.J. Hammons registered a double-double for the Boilermakers on a team-high 19 points and 13 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Northwestern (13-10, 4-6 Big Ten) heads to Iowa (14-7, 3-5 Big Ten).
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:31 left to go.
- The last time NU started the season 13-10 was 2008.
- NU beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Northwestern has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.3% or better.
- NU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- NU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Northwestern has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Jared Swopshire has 13 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Reggie Hearn plays 38 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Dave Sobolewski has 6 assists or more.
- The Wildcats set season highs for blocks and field goal percentage.
- The last time NU had a field goal percentage of 53.1% or higher was Feb 09, 2012 against Iowa.
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--NU has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Reggie Hearn recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 11.
- Reggie Hearn accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jared Swopshire and Dave Sobolewski) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Reggie Hearn's career.
- Reggie Hearn had career highs with 26 points and 11 field goals made.
- Jared Swopshire had a career high with 4 blocks.
Purdue Game Notes
- Purdue lost and did not cover the spread.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13 and offensive rebounds with 7.
- A.J. Hammons accounted for 31.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (A.J. Hammons and Anthony Johnson) accounted for 45.6% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (27) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (27).
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Anthony Johnson set a career high with 8 rebounds.