Austin Peay 68
(5-18, 0-10 away)
Murray State 75
(16-5, 8-3 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Campbell 16
||C Horton 10
||T Betran 6
||I Canaan 19
||L Mushatt 8
||J Moss 5
Austin Peay was taken down by Murray State 75-68 in overtime on Saturday, February 2nd. The Governors stay winless against Murray State this season at 0-2. Chris Horton secured a double-double for the Governors including 11 points and 10 rebounds. Travis Betran also had a decent outing, scoring 15 points. For the Racers, Isaiah Canaan got a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Austin Peay (5-18, 1-8 OVC) gets Tennessee State (13-10, 7-3 OVC) at home on Thursday, February 7th.
Austin Peay Game Notes
- APSU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Governors have beaten the spread.
- Austin Peay has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Governors have played in 22 overtime games with a record of 10-12.
- The Governors have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Austin Peay has lost 31 close games.
- Austin Peay has lost 100% of the time this season (0-12) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- The Governors have lost 100% of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 41.9% or worse.
- Austin Peay has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 23 or more free throws made this season, Austin Peay has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Austin Peay has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Austin Peay has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- APSU set a season low for steals.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Campbell and Travis Betran) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Horton and Anthony Campbell) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Campbell has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- Chris Horton has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Travis Betran has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Campbell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Horton recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Chris Horton.
- Chris Horton recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Freeman.
Murray State Game Notes
- Murray State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Racers won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Murray State has lost 19 close games.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Canaan and LaTreze Mushatt) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring 18 times in 21 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 21 games this season.
- Isaiah Canaan has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Canaan set a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Ed Daniel has 6 straight double-digit point games.